Tuesday, January 5, 2010

INSPIRING QUOTES FOR THE WEEK - PURPOSE

To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end in life.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Contemplate - How can I be more of who I want to become?

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
- John Ruskin

Contemplate - Is what I'm doing now leading me to who I want to become?

To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun.
- Katherine Graham

Contemplate - How will my love for what I do show up today?

My outcome: I felt motivated and energised.

1 comment:

  1. This week I drew "Dream no smaller dream my friend for they have no power..." -- Goethe

    Contemplate:
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

    It's an interesting question, which felt like hard work for me when I first tried to answer it. Failing or not failing is not really something I normally consider or orientate to when attempting things - tend to focus more on what's it going to take to succeed and how can I generate that.

    As a potential card it encourages me to focus overseas more - which is a helpful pointer.

    Also I began thinking about some of the family genealogy things that I have been doing over the holiday break and realised what possibilities could simply be available for me much closer to home!

    --Stephen Thorpe

    ReplyDelete